Kent’s annual summer concerts are back and the Cory Wilds Band will play traditional rock, blues and jazz at Kent Station on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, from 6-8 p.m.
“Super excited for this annual series of musical performances and live entertainment presented throughout the summer,” City said.
Wednesday Family Date Night at Kent Station
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Kent Station, 417 Ramsay Road
- July 13: Nite Wave. 80s new wave
- July 20: Darren Motamedy. soft jazz
- July 27: Heart by heart. All of Heart’s favorite hits featuring two original band members!
- August 3: The Cory Wilds Band. Traditional rock, blues and jazz
- August 10: Santa Poco. Robust combination of rock, grunge, blues and country
- August 17: Jewel tones. Motown Vocal Trio
Wednesday Picnic Shows
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Morrill Meadows Park, 10600 SE 248th Street
Presented by the Services of the Republic
- July 13: Justin Roberts. All-star of the independent family music scene and three-time GRAMMY nominee
- July 20: Roberto the Magnificent. Gravity-defying juggling and hilarious physical stunts
- July 27: Eric Buss. Innovative and energetic comedy and magic
- August 3: Joanie Leeds. The singer-songwriter has been compared to Sheryl Crow and Alanis… for the kids
- August 10: The Not-Its! Power songs for kids and parents who love to rock
Thursdays at the lake
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Meridian Lake Park, 14800 SE 272nd Street
FREE shuttle from Fire Station 75 (15635 SE 272nd) to Meridian Lake, 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- July 14: Fire. Fusion of the world based on Latin music with classical, jazz, rock, flamenco, Celtic and even bluegrass influences
- July 21: Waipuna. Hawaiian classics with a fresh, contemporary energy
- July 28: The West Coast Stream. An electrifying nine-piece band that sounds like a Bruno Mars and Bruce Springsteen dance party
- August 4: High-rise buildings. Bluegrass at heart, with swing, ragtime and jazz influences
- August 11: Urban renewal project. A big band that blurs the boundaries between pop, soul, jazz and hip-hop.