Her claims were ‘painful and devastating’ – Singer Ricky Martin breaks silence on nephew’s sex claims (video)

Ricky Martin has spoken out for the first time since his nephew claimed he had sex with the singer.

In a two-minute video obtained by TMZ, Martin called the allegations ‘painful’ and ‘devastating’, after his nephew, who also claimed to have harassed him, dropped the restraining order on Thursday morning July 21. before the tribunal.

Speaking in the video, Martin, 50, said: “I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk to start my healing process.”

He said he was not allowed to speak publicly until the case was resolved.

Martin went on to speak directly to his 21-year-old nephew: “I’m glad these claims turned out to be wrong, but I’ll tell you the truth, it was so painful – it was devastating for me. , for my family, for my friends. I don’t wish that on anyone.

He continued, “To the person who said this nonsense, I wish him the best and I hope he finds help so he can start a new life filled with love, truth and joy. , and that it does not hurt anyone else.

“Now my priority is to heal…with music. I can’t wait to be back on stage. I can’t wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertaining is what I do best.

On Thursday, a restraining order against the Livin’ La Vida Loca singer was lifted by a court in Puerto Rico. Martin appeared at the hearing remotely from Los Angeles.

The interim order had been obtained by his nephew, following a domestic violence complaint in which he said he feared for his safety because Martin had refused to accept his decision to end a romantic relationship, and continued to call him and strolled past his house.

After the case was closed, Martin tweeted “truth prevails.”

He also included a statement from his legal team, which read: “The accuser confirmed in court that his decision to dismiss the case was his own, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed that he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter.

“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case.

“It was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to back them up. We are happy that our client has seen justice and can now move on with his life and career.

The singer has been married to Syrian-Swedish painter Jwan Yosef since 2017. The couple have two children and live in the northern coastal town of Dorado in Puerto Rico.


Source link

About Eileen W. Sudduth

Check Also

Parkway Drive Singer – ‘Darker Still’ ‘Almost Broke’ Band Dynamics

Parkway Drive’s Winston McCall was the latest guest to appear on Full Metal Jackie’s weekend …